When you have friends coming over for dinner and you want to make a dessert that’s a bit different. Why not try making some pink swirled meringues with cream and raspberry curd. Yum, I hear you say, plus really easy to make. For the Raspberry Curd, I used Bay Tree’s Raspberry Curd which has a great tang to it too.
Cook Time: 90 minutes
Prep Time: 30 minutes
- 3 egg whites
- 150g caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp almond oil
- 1 tsp pink food colouring
Raspberry curd and cream filling
- Raspberry curd
- 150ml double cream
- Raspberries for decoration
- Preheat the oven to 100C/gas 1. Line two baking trays with baking sheet paper.
- Whisk your three egg whites until you form soft peaks.
- Keep whisking and add one tablespoon of your caster sugar into the mix. Keep doing this until all your sugar is whisked in. When your mix turns to nice glossy shine and forms stiff peaks – you’re done.
- Get a little side plate and put one teaspoon of pink food colouring on the plate. Get pastry brush and brush a line inside your piping bag, you can add a strong line if you want a stronger pink colour.
- Place the meringue inside your piping bag and pipe out the mix around 3.5cm wide.
- Bake in the oven for 90 minutes. Test one by lifting and gently pressing on the base of a meringue it should be crisp but give way with a bit of pressure they will crisp more when cooling. Turn off the oven, and leave to cool in the oven with the oven door slightly ajar for best results. If possible, let them cool completely in the oven.
- When ready to serve, add 1/2 a teaspoon of the raspberry curd to one of the meringues. Whisk your double cream to a thick consistency and add a teaspoon to another meringues and sandwich together. And if in season add a few raspberries to decorate and give more colour.