With the wedding season upon us, I thought it would be great to give you a recipe that you could use if you’re hosting a bridal lunch or maybe a simple brunch with friends. Plus this beetroot and salmon bite is super light, tasty and the bride to be will love it as it’s really healthy.
Makes: 9 bites
Prep Time: 1 hour
Beetroot and salmon bite
- 1 cucumber
- 1/2 galia melon
- 1 beetroot
- 1 pack of salmon slices
- Cocktail sticks
- A platter to serve
- Take your cucumber and slice chunks about 5cm across, then cut these again into strips.
- Do this with the melon too, this will make it easy for you when you are wrapping these bites later.
- Take your beetroot and cut the bottom off so it can sit on your chopping board. Then cut thin slices. Cut enough to do 9 wraps.
- Now take a slice of salmon, place two slices of melon and cucumber inside the salmon slice. Stack the melon then the cucumber slice until you have all four slices stacked on each other.
- Then wrap the salmon slice around your melon and cucumber.
- Take your beetroot slice and place this on top.
- Finally take a cocktail stick and pierce this through the bite so it pokes through the bite and the beetroot.
- Place all 9 bites on your platter – voila.
If you loved this beetroot and salmon bite and you would like to share your colourful ideas with me, use #eatsleepcolour