Feeling hot and need to cool down in the most delicious way? With all this warm weather, even in sunny Edinburgh, I’ve been thinking a lot about making a granita. With cherries still in season and a bit of fan of Disaronno, to me this sounded like the perfect mix. A grown up cherry bakewell granita.
Freezing Time: 3 hours
Prep Time: 45 minutes
Cherry bakewell granita
- 325g cherries
- 100 caster sugar
- 200ml water
- 45ml Disaronno
- Take the sugar and the water and place in a pan. Bring to the boil and let it simmer on a low heat for five minutes.
- While the sugar syrup is cooling. Take the stones out of the cherries and place the cherries in a food processor and blitz until smooth.
- Get a fine sieve and pass the blitzed cherries through, to help re-fine the mixture.
- Add the Disaronno to the cherry mixture and stir.
- Add the sugar syrup to the mix and stir. Place the mixture into a container suitable for the freezer and place in your freezer.
- Every hour, take the container out of the freezer and stir and fluff up the mix. This will become easier for every hour you do this. After the third stir (three hours later), you’ll find that it feels nice and fluffy and looking every inch a granita. Enjoy!
If you would like to share your colourful ideas with me, use #eatsleepcolour