Having your friends over for lunch and need something that is healthy and fabulous. Then try my spinach and pea soup with lemon. I love it and it’s so tasty plus it is full of goodness such as iron, folic acid and plenty of vitamins. It’s also really quick to make and has ingredients that you can grab from your kitchen and any supermarket.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Spinach and pea soup with lemon
- 1 white onion
- 2 sprigs of mint
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 700ml water
- 300g peas
- 100g spinach
Let's soup it
- Chop up your onion, get a big pot and take a glug of olive oil and cook the onions until they are soft.
- Chop up the mint roughly and add to the onions and give it a good stir. You’ll smell the mint as you stir. Yum.
- Sprinkle the stock cube over the onions and mint and add the water. Give it a good stir.
- Add the peas and bring to the boil.
- Once it comes to the boil, simmer for another two minutes.
- Add the spinach and simmer for another couple of minutes.
- Cut the lemon in half and juice it over the soup. Careful that the pips down’t fall in.
- Stir and then whizz with a hand blender. Tdah and serve with some chunky bread with butter.
If you loved this spinach and pea soup with lemon and you would like to share your colourful ideas with me, use #eatsleepcolour