Ice cream for me is the ultimate dessert, if you put ice cream in front of me or cake. I would definitely go for the ice cream first (perhaps both on a busy day). Like a lot of us, we don’t always have an ice cream maker to hand and as it’s still summer, I thought about a recipe that you can do the day before and voila – ice cream at the ready. I’m also a big fan of coffee though not a massive drinker of the stuff. There’s no extra sugar in this recipe and believe me, the taste is perfect. Follow my easy coffee no churn ice cream.
As this recipe has a lot of cream, I decided to use the light version of carnation’s condensed milk. Yummy!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Freeze Time: 8 hours
Coffee No Churn Ice Cream
- Double cream 600ml
- Light condensed milk 405g
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tsp instant coffee
- 3 tbsp warm water
- Get a mug, put the instant coffee and add the three tablespoons of warm water, stir and set a side.
- Take the cream, the condensed milk and the vanilla extract and place in a bowl.
- Use an electric hand whisk and whisk the ingredients until smooth and thick.
- Stir in the coffee and whisk on a low speed until combined.
- Place in a tub which has a lid.
- Put the tub in a freezer for eight hours.
- Once frozen, take out and serve with cherries and chocolate.
Let me know if you loved this coffee no churn ice cream and you would like to share your colourful ideas with me, use #eatsleepcolour