Soup, soup, soup… my favourite thing to have on a cold day and most lunchtimes. Great if you’re trying to get more healthy with your diet and what an easy way to put more veg in your diet too. Like anyone, sugar is my achilles heel and what’s great about this recipe is that there is no sugar but still has a little sweetness to it. Let’s get cooking and try my healthy roasted carrot and cauliflower soup.
Makes: 6 people
Cook Time: 120 minutes
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Healthy roasted carrot and cauliflower soup
- 900gs of carrots
- 1 medium cauliflower
- Olive oil
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- Salt to season
- 1 medium white onion
- 1 litre of vegetable stock
- 500 ml of water
- 2 teaspoons of smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1 teaspoon of chilli flakes
- 1 tablespoon of greek yogurt
- Preheat the over to 190C/gas 5.
- Let’s start with the roasting the vegetables, take two oven trays and peel and cut up the carrots to about an inch thick. Chop the cauliflower into florets heads.
- Place the carrots on to one tray and the cauliflower on to the other.
- Sprinkle the olive oil over both and also the paprika and salt to season. Take a spoon and toss both vegetables, so that they are coated with the olive oil and seasoning.
- Put in the oven for 35 minutes.
- Once roasted, take out of the oven and let the vegetables cool a little.
- Roughly chop up the onion and caramelise the onions until they are soft brown colour, this should take about 10 minutes.
- Add the roasted carrots and cauliflower, the vegetable stock, water, paprika, turmeric and chilli flakes.
- Bring to a gentle boil and place on a medium heat for 15 minutes.
- Now let’s blend your soup, you can use a hand blender if you would like to have the soup straight away.
- Add the greek yogurt, I was quite generous with the tablespoon and stir this in to your soup. I used the hand blender to make the soup nice and creamy.
If you would like to share your colourful ideas with me, use #eatsleepcolour