It’s still summer and I don’t know about you but I’m loving that it’s still warm in Edinburgh even on a rainy day. I also love a cocktail or two and recently discovered that cocktails were inspired by the 1920’s when drinking alcohol was a bit naughty. Thank goodness, as it’s so much fun to put different ingredients together and create something tasty. So give my cucumber and elderflower sparkler a try, such a nice way to enjoy the rest of the summer.
Makes: 6 – 8 glasses
Time to make: 20 minutes
Cucumber and elderflower sparker
- 1 cucumber
- 200ml elderflower cordial
- 1 bottle of prosecco wine
- A handful of ice
- Put your bottle of prosecco in the fridge to cool.
- Take the cucumber and slice the skin off with a peeler or knife. Cut up in to chunks and blitz in a food processor.
- Get a sieve and a bowl, take the blitzed cucumber and pass through the sieve. Blitz any cucumber pulp that is left in your sieve and do this again until you have a more of a liquid.
- Take a large jug, place the cucumber liquid, the elderflower cordial and stir together.
- Top the jug up with processo, add a handful of ice and give a good stir.
- Poor in to tall glasses, add a cucumber slice as a garnish and enjoy!
Let me know if you enjoy this cucumber and elderflower sparkler below and if you would like to share your colourful ideas with me, use #eatsleepcolour